Thank you for your interest in the LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® method and business workshops!
More information about LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® and its business applications you can find on or web page, dedicated to LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY®: WWW.SERIOUSPLAYINBUSINESS.COM
WHAT IS THE LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® METHOD?
- LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® (LSP) is a radical, innovative and experimental process designed to enhance innovation and business performance.
- The LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® method is a facilitated thinking, communication and problem-solving technique for organizations, teams and individuals. It draws on extensive research from the fields of business, organizational development, psychology and learning, and is based on the concept of “hand knowledge.”
WHY USE THE LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® METHOD?
- LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® improves group problem solving. By utilizing visual, auditory and kinesthetic skills in an LSP workshop the participants learn to observe and to listen at a deeper level. All participants are guaranteed the possibility to express their opinions on an equal footing. The method serves as a shared language, regardless of the culture in the organization and the team, or the position level.
- The LSP method is based on the belief that everyone has something unique and valuable to contribute to discussions, decisions and outcomes. Its methodology releases and enables individual’s and team’s insights and imagination. Traditional ways of working together do not always offer an opportunity for each person to express critical insights. In particular, the over-reliance on assertive verbal interactions that characterizes most business practices creates inevitable “winners” and “losers.” LSP levels the playing field, engaging 100 percent attention and participation from all participants.
- Workshop participants leave with skills to communicate more effectively, to engage their imagination more readily, and to approach their work with increased confidence, commitment and insights.
WHAT KINDS OF PROBLEMS AND ORGANIZATIONS CAN USE LSP?
- A good LSP context takes “a complex problem and a courageous manager”. The LSP method works well when there is no obvious solution, or no right answer, and when the manager is courageous, meaning that he/she admits to not knowing all the answers, and is ready to gain insight from all his/her employees.
- Every LSP workshop is unique and designed for the specific needs of the client, defining the topics and goals to work on and achieve by the participants.
- Any LSP workshop requires a trained and certified facilitator.
- LSP is suitable for any type of business, organization and team.
The LSP methodology has versatile applications. Some examples and areas of successful LSP interventions, to name a few are:
- strategy development
- vision and mission development
- culture and values development and alignment
- mergers and re-organizations challenges
- product or service development
- communication or marketing startegies
- change management
- conflict resolution
- decision making
- leadership development
- team development, cohesion and collaboration
- effective communication
and many others.
The LSP method is combined successfully with other business and faciitation models, like:
- Individual, Team or Group Coaching with LSP
- The Business Model Canvas with LSP
- Design Thinking Workshps with LSP and
- Design Sprints with LSP
- The Value Proposition Canvas with LSP
- The Three Horizons Network with LSP
- Agile and Scrum with LSP and many more are being developed with the application of the method in various areas.
WHAT GROUP SIZE AND DURATION?
Processes based on the LSP method are for groups and teams of any size.
- The duration of an LSP workshop varies depending on the number of participants and the topic.
- The ideal group size for an in-depth LPS workshop is from 6 to 12 participants with one facilitator in 1 day.
- A short LSP session can be planned in 4 hours.
- A strategy LSP workshop is usually planned in 2 to 3 days.
- For bigger groups and for demo LSP sessions within 1-2 hours, discuss the options with your LSP facilitator.
THE LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY WORKSHOP IS NOT A TEAMBUILDING!
- The LSP workshop is not just a nice time for the team to get together, but aims at accomplishing results, although team cohesion is achieved and the participants have a lot of “hard fun” as well as “serious play” during the workshop.
- The LSP workshop can be organized either separately or as part of another corporate event – professional meetings, annual team meetings, as well as in combination with teambuilding activities
Contact PRIMA Advice – your Certified LEGO® Serious Play® Facilitator – to find out more about LEGO® Serious Play® Business workshops in English and Bulgarian languages, as well as the conditions and various formats.